Bolgart Demographics (WA) Local Stats

Bolgart (6568) is a suburb of South East & Central, Mid West, Western Australia. It is about 98 kms from WA's capital city of Perth. Bolgart is in the federal electorate of Durack.

In the 2011 census the population of Bolgart was 248 and is comprised of approximately 45.6% females and 54.4% males.

The median/average age of the population of Bolgart is 39 years of age.

84.3% of people living in the suburb of Bolgart were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 5.6% England, 3.6% New Zealand.

94.4% of people living in Bolgart speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 5.6% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Bolgart is 36.4% Anglican, 20.2% No religion, 19.4% Catholic, 16.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.8% Uniting Church, 2.4% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.2% Churches of Christ, 1.2% Buddhism.

54.2% of people are married, 29.1% have never married and 9.5% are divorced and 3.9% are separated. There are 6 widowed people living in Bolgart.

63.0% of the people living in Bolgart over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 28.6% are working on a part time basis. Bolgart has an unemployment rate of 5.9%.

The main occupations of people living in Bolgart are 37.2% Managers, 19.5% Labourers, 14.2% Machinery operators & drivers, 10.6% Professionals, 5.3% Sales workers, 5.3% Community & personal service workers, 5.3% Technicians & trades workers, 2.7% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Bolgart work in are 40.9% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 14.8% Education and training, 7.8% Accommodation and food services, 5.2% Public administration and safety, 5.2% Wholesale trade, 5.2% Mining, 5.2% Transport, postal and warehousing, 2.6% Retail trade, 2.6% Manufacturing.

49.4% of homes are fully owned, and 23.6% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 20.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $387 per week and the median household income is $711 per week.

The median rent in Bolgart is $180 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $173 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Bolgart postcode 6568

  • Qpzm LocalStats Western Australia Suburb of the Day: Kellerberrin 6410 -> South East & Central -> Western Australia